Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Week 9: YouTube

Well, what's not to like about YouTube? I lack the imagination or experience to find anything wrong with it. The few times I do use it (mostly to look for old Pearl Jam videos), it has worked very well. The only problem I've ever encounterd was clips being pulled, but I understand that VH1 would rather have users visit their website and see their ads.

It seems like there's always a new Pearl Jam video that I haven't seen before. Here's what I found today:



In much the same way as podcasting and screencasting, YouTube has countless possibilities for public libraries. It does seem like the learning curve might be a little more steep, but not insurmountable. As we see in many of the examples, there seems to be a great deal of potential for more lighthearted and humorous material than with the other tools.

No comments: